Thursday, November 18

integrity.

So, as most of you (I say this as if I have a huge blog audience) know I grew up southern Baptist. Then once I came back to Charlotte after college I began attending Elevation church. I love Elevation so much because its a church I can actually relate to. My church is connected with pop culture, social media, fashion, and all the other things that make being a young person these days so much fun. And at the same time the message of Jesus is just as solid as any I ever heard in traditional churched as a kid. One of my favorite things about Elevation is that our pastor, worship leaders, etc are all on twitter, keeping blogs, and posting on iTunes. Its awesome to get a little bit of commentary during the week.

ok, I say all that because I was just reading Pastor Steven's blog (find a link on on my page under blog roll) and I LOVED his analogy about integrity, and thought i should share. The following are exerts from his post....


"What if your phone accidentally dialed when it was in your pocket?
Would we say the same things we say about people?
Would we have the same conversations?
Would we sound as spiritual as we did in small group or at the coffee shop?
We often talk about the need for the content of our lives to match the content of our speech.
When it happens, it’s called integrity.
But it’s just as necessary that the content of our public discourse match the content of our private discussions.
When it happens, it’s also called integrity.
What would it look like if we lived our lives as if our phone was dialing someone at all times?
In other words, what if the microphone was always on?
I wish I could leave it at those theoretical questions. But I can’t. Because they’re not theoretical.
The phone is always dialing. The microphone is always on."

There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.
Luke 12:2-3


I'm working on being the same at work, at Elevation, in my apartment, with my family, with my friends, all alone.... i hope you are are doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment