Monday, February 28

How Long?

This post is going to be a short one... mainly because I don't know how to express whats going on in my head. If you know me, then you know that this is basically unprecedented.

I'm just struggling with the balance between being supportive of someone else and doing what is best for me. How long can you support someone when doing so hurts you... physically, emotionally, or spiritually?

I got involved with a seemingly great guy not too long ago. Now he's going through some family issues. I want to be supportive, but I want to be able to find a happy relationship too. I really don't think that he has the time and energy to even be friends with me at this point in his life. It would be really easy for me to just totally remove myself from the situation, but I don't know if thats what he needs. When I;m hurting I know I need a friend... but then again, everyone else doesn't cope the same way I do. I don't really know what I should do. Its just plain complicated.

Have you ever been in a situation where you felt that you couldn't win? How'd you handle it?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated... as would your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment