Thursday, March 3

ME.

I really like it when I get feedback on my blog. Two things that I hear a lot about my blog are as follows: One. I don't have enough pictures. Two. I don't really much about myself in my blog other than what I'm learning about Jesus at the moment. Well, there really isn't a reason for those things, other than the fact that its just not my style. I just write about whatever is going on in my head... and as you can see, I pretty much think along the same lines all the time. Anyway, to appease some curious readers, I came up with a list of a few interesting facts about me. These are some things that I think might provide some background and maybe make some of my blogs a little more understandable. I posted some of these on facebook a LONG way back, but they still apply. Oh, and as for the pictures... maybe I'll get around to that one day... but I doubt it.

1. I am absolutely obsessed with The Beatles. It's a lot worse than I let on, but I don't want people to make fun of me. I also LOVE Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Audrey Hepburn, Clark Gable. Old hollywood makes me smile. I'm an old soul I suppose.

2. I consider myself a Christian, but sometimes I don't really know what that means. I KNOW that all the stuff I was taught in church as a kid isn't the right stuff. I know that God uses me, speaks to me, and relates to me completely different than he does anyone else. At any rate, I am really enjoying figuring it all out....especially at Elevation :)

3. I think about 3/4 of my daily calorie intake is from beverages. Nothing beats a great latte or a coke!

4. I'm going to write and publish a novel... seriously. Don't make fun or you won't get an autographed copy. Its going to be amazing!

5. I'd sit and listen to ANY thoughtful light rock boys (John Mayer, Jon Mclaughlin, Mat Wertz, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Tyrone Wells... or throw it back to classics like Elton John, Rod Stewart, Hall & Oates etc) all day long if I could. Nothing makes me feel better than a great singer/songwriter. This seems to annoy some of my friends.

6. I used to make fun of April b/c she was OBSESSED with her Macbook. I got one. I no longer make fun. You can't understand unless you have one. It's like a way of life. I <3 my mac.

7. I walk around in public listening to my iPod. Its not because I'm antisocial... I just like having a soundtrack. I spend a lot of the morning at work thinking of what I want to listen to during my lunch break. A good playlist revitalizes me enough to make it through the afternoon.

8. If I could spend $1000 at Macy's or Barnes and Noble, I'd totally go with the books over the high heels. I totally don't care that that makes me a geek. Oh, and kindles are stupid if you ask me. I love the feel of the pages in my fingers.

9. Half the time I think I want to become a respected psychiatrist and make lots of important discoveries about mental health, and the other half I just want to get married and bake and clean house. I don't know which would make me happier.... Hopefully I'll end up doing a little of both.

10. I have the most comfortable bed in the whole world and I attribute it to my lack of motivation in the morning. Plus I LOATHE getting up early. After a year and a half on first shift I'm still not adjusted at all.

11. I'm a lefty, and I REALLY hope that my kids are too!

12. I seriously have the coolest siblings in the entire world. I wish I was half as good looking, funny, smart, charming, selfless, creative, motivated (and I can keep going) as any one of them.

13. I have a college degree. Before I got one I thought that it was the most important thing in the world, and definitely a key to happiness in later life. I'm glad I finished school, but I know I was wrong. The stuff that changed me in college wasn't the stuff from the classroom.

14. I have four girlfriends who I really think are my soulmates. I LOVE THEM.

15. I am friends with some of the greatest guys in the world. How all these boys ended up in Rock Hill and being friends is beyond me. I don't see them as much as I used to, but I still love the heck out them!

16. One day I am really self-conscious and the next day I am totally overconfident and I have NO IDEA why. Its weird. I can't decide if I am totally strange or really awesome.

17. I miss college more than I thought I would. Sometimes its the college lifestyle, but more often than not, its just the learning experience. It feels good to expand your brain. I can't wait for grad school.

18. I've not eaten meat for a long while now. I can't believe I'm actually doing the vegetarian thing. It was a goal of mine for a long time and I'm SO proud that I actually did it!

19. Its pretty dorky, but I write in a journal. ALL THE TIME. I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night if I didn't write my thoughts down regularly. I take notes during sermons, write down song lyrics and quotes I hear, write my thoughts all in the same book. Its actually really fun to look back and see where I've been.

20. I am terrible about getting addicted to TV shows. My latest? Paul McDonald from American Idol. I don't really like the show, but he is such a good singer that I HAVE to watch and cheer him on!

21. I want to meet Justin Timberlake, but I know if I ever did I'd probably die. I've been in love with him since I was 14. Part of me seriously thinks that we'd hit it off and become real friends... although I really want to be his wife. If you know me, you know I'm TOALLY serious about that.

22. I have rarely buy new clothes. The main reason is that I get attached to old stuff and I don't want to wear something new. My favorite items? Super worn in 7 jeans. Ramones tshirt. pink converse. red hobo bag from the Gap. Plaid scarf. =)

23. I looooove living in the south and I know I could never make it up north. Cold weather is just NOT for me. I absolutely HATE it.

24. I'm really emotional. Stuff like Applebees commercials and episodes of Full House make me teary eyed. I have no clue why.

25. I want a tattoo soooooooo bad. Its drawn out and everything. I just need someone to go with me. I'm too chicken to do it alone!



Ok, now you know a little more about the girl behind all these posts. So, tell me something about YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I love your candidness and the way you talk about yourself. Its funny and it's down to earth. And more importantly it sounds like you really know yourself which is super important. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete