Thursday, March 31

Songs.

I was planning on posting something that I'd seen on another blog. It was a survey of sorts, all about music. As a music fanatic, I couldn't pass that up. Then interestingly enough, Pastor Steven's blog the other day was about music. I thought it was an interesting little way God used to point something out to me. Pastor Steven said it so well that I'm going to quote a little bit...

"One area where you refuse to listen to God can lead to a time when you can’t hear Him in any.

One bad note can ruin the whole chord.

What’s your bad note?
Get it in tune now before the masterpiece God has composed for your life is drowned out in a cacophony of contradicting notes."

I thought that last line was BEAUTIFUL. It was also a message that I needed to hear in an analogy that I could definitely relate to and remember. LOVE it when God does that. Check out the rest of that blog and the tons of other encouraging material Pastor Steven posts at www.stevenfurtick.com. I HIGHLY recommend it. I check it out every day =)

Now, on to my songs...

01: YOUR FAVORITE SONG: SHOCKINGLY, not a Beatles song. My all time favorite song is 'Breakin' Me' by Jonny Lang (Who I get to see in concert next week!! YAY). I LOVE the song because the lyrics (included below) are beautiful and you can hear the emotion in his voice. Give it a listen here:



Every day I see your face I wish I'd stayed
Don't even know what made me run away
It's just the way I play the game

Emotional is not a word I'd use to explain myself
But now I'm down upon my knees
Baby please take me back

I don't want to be in love but you're makin' me
Let me up I've had enough. Girl you're breakin' me

Here I am just half a man standing alone
Feeling like I lost my only chance
At happiness when I let you go

I don't want to be alone thinkin' bout you girl
I got nothin' left to hold in this lonely world

The first time my heart was ever touched
Was the day I lost your love
I can feel it in my flesh and blood
My soul can only take it so much

So there it is. Why can't you give us one more try
You and I could find a way to live
If you let me in one more time

I know you lost your faith in me but I still believe
Can I make you understand, can I make you see
That I'm desperate for your love and it's breakin' me

02: YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG: Leann Womack's 'I Hope You Dance' Long story as to why, but I HATE that song.

03: A SONG THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY: The Beatles "Good Day Sunshine'. These lyrics ALWAYS make me smile "I need to laugh, and when the sun is out/ I've got something I can laugh about/ I feel good, in a special way/ I'm in love and it's a sunny day"

04: A SONG THAT MAKES YOU SAD: 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz. Reminds me of a lost love... It used to make me cry, but thank goodness its not that bad anymore.

05: A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF SOMEONE: '45' by Shinedown (and about a million other songs) will ALWAYS remind me of Mr. Michael Miller.

06: A SONG THAT REMINDS OF YOU OF SOMEWHERE: Panic! at the Disco's "Nine in the Afternoon" reminds me of NGU.

07: A SONG THAT REMINDS YOU OF A CERTAIN EVENT: P!nk's "So What" reminds me of an amazing beach trip with my best girlfriends!

08: A SONG THAT YOU KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO: Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby". Sang it to my kids at work and they thought it was hilarious that I knew all the words!

09: A SONG THAT YOU CAN DANCE TO: I don't really dance, but in college we used to LOVE dancing to Usher's "Yeah" and Lil Jon's "Get Low" hahahhahaha

10: A SONG THAT MAKES YOU FALL ASLEEP I almost always listen to Will Hoge's "Baby Girl" before bed. I know not many people know him, but they should so listen to it here (and I was at this performance of Baby Girl on TRB. SO FUN!):



11: A SONG FROM YOUR FAVOURITE BAND: ummm any song by the Beatles. duh. (My favorite happens to be Something.)

12: A SONG FROM A BAND YOU HATE: anything and everything by Nickelback!

13: A SONG THAT IS A GUILTY PLEASURE: The biggest one EVER is Ricky Martin & Christian Aguilera "Nobody Wants to be Lonely." I LOVE that song for some reason, but I keep that info to myself normally.



14: A SONG THAT NO ONE WOULD EXPECT YOU TO LOVE: Breaking Benjamin "I Will Not Bow". LOVE that song. LOVE.

15: A SONG THAT DESCRIBES YOU: NeedToBreathe's "something Beautiful." The lyrics that follow are EXACTLY how I feel SO often! I absolutely LOVE these lyrics. They describe me and particularly my faith SO adequately!

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees.
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

And the water is rising quick
And for years I was scared of it
We can't be sure when it will subside
So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side.

16: A SONG THAT YOU USED TO LOVE BUT NOW HATE: Cee Lo 'Forget You' SOOO sick of that song!

17: A SONG THAT YOU HEAR OFTEN ON THE RADIO: Bruno Mars "Grenade" LOVE him!

18: A SONG THAT YOU WISH YOU HEARD ON THE RADIO: Anything by Marc Broussard. He's AMAZING. See below for proof!



19: A SONG FROM YOUR FAVORITE ALBUM: "Blackbird" from The Beatles' white album

20: A SONG THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU’RE ANGRY: any hard rock... Shinedown, Rise Against, Avenged Sevenfold

21: A SONG THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU’RE HAPPY: Boybands.... Nsync, BSB, Hanson, LFO. They all work!

22: A SONG THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHEN YOU’RE SAD: lately, this song by Hot Chelle Rae called "Bleed"... if you only watch one of these videos make it this one. I LOVE this song!



23: A SONG THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY AT YOUR WEDDING: The Beatles 'In My Life' and Hanson's 'I Will Come to You'... yes I did say Hanson. Show up to my wedding one day and you'll see that I'm totally not joking.

DAY 24: A SONG THAT YOU WANT TO PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL: John Lennon's "Imagine"

DAY 25: A SONG THAT MAKES YOU LAUGH: Bruno Mars' "Lazy Song" is SOOO funny!

DAY 26: A SONG THAT YOU CAN PLAY ON AN INSTRUMENT: there isn't one.

DAY 27: A SONG THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD PLAY: anything would be nice.. but mostly a Beatles song!

DAY 28: A SONG THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GUILTY: I don't really have one.

29: A SONG FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD: New Kids on the Block "Hangin' Tough' is the first song I ever remember listening to

DAY 30: YOUR FAVORITE SONG AT THIS TIME LAST YEAR: I'm pretty sure I was diggin' Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" around this time last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment