Sunday, January 9

overwhelmed.

I'm one of those people. You know, the ones who worry... a lot. Yep. I know I shouldn't. I know its not helping me. I know it makes me moody and keeps me from sleeping. But I worry a lot. Usually though, I find small ways to reduce that stress and worry into a manageable load. Lately though, thats been easier said than done. Lots of things are changing, and I have a lot of decisions to make in a rather short amount of time. Anyway, I've been praying constantly over what to do. Today though I found an unexpected amount of comfort at Elevation.

This week started a new sermon series called 'Get Back.' The series is all about recovering your spiritual momentum. Throughout the sermon Pastor Steven just kept going back to the concept of not asking God WHY, but asking God WHAT --- What's next? What do you have for me? What do you want me to do? It was such an affirmation that its ok that I don't quite know where I'm going. It doesn't mean you're doing something wrong if you don't have it all figured out. As Pastor Steven went on to explain we should be looking for natural means to make room for a supernatural occurrence. His encouragement was to 'prepare for the blessing you're praying for as if its already yours.'

The Pastor specifically said, maybe all your friends are engaged and moving on to new life experiences, and you're wondering what's next for you. I'm not ashamed to say that that sentence was straight from God's heart to my ears. I may be being overly vulnerable here, but I do feel like I'm a little behind the rest of my friends in some ways. I'm still waiting on the perfect guy, the perfect job, and plenty of other things. I'm just trying to do the best I can where God put me. On the other hand though, I'm aware that I am loved by a perfect and holy God and everything will come about in his time. God reassured me of that today thanks to a wonderful sermon at what I'd say is the best body of believers on the planet.

Oh, and to top it all off, the theme of the sermon series was based on the Beatles song 'Get Back.' Everything from the videos, to the printed material, to the music had a Beatles flair to it today. And think I'm reading too much into this if you want to... But EVERYONE knows how much I love the Beatles. I just felt like God was saying 'not only do I know what word your spiritual life needs today, but I know you personally, who you are, what you like, what you want and need, and what I speaks to you most because I love you... and this service is for you.'

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm overwhelmed today by how prefect our God is and how much he loves me. I hope you know He feels the same way about you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment