Tuesday, May 17

slack.

Ugh. Remember when I used to be really committed to my blog?! I have no idea why I'm so slack lately.

I just started working as the team leader on third shift. I'm trying to get all the reading finished for my first week of classes. Adjusting to a new schedule of sleep, eating, and all that is KILLING me.

I'm not sure exactly how most people who work weird hours schedule their time. I personally have found myself sleeping a lot more than I did when I was working first shift. Oddly enough, I was told that the opposite was more likely.

I keep getting emails from professors with reading assignments for class this summer. So far I'm keeping up pretty well. I've found that reading a few pages every time I have a free minute (waiting in lines, on break at work, right before bed) has made it pretty easy to get everything done. Hopefully I'll continue to keep up with the pace of grad school. I'm sure its likely to get more strenuous, but I'm actually pretty excited for this particular challenge.

I'm already looking forward to getting through this stage of my life though. I can already see that working full time and going to school full time is going to be a long, difficult process. I know that it will be worth it in the long run, but I'm beginning to see how much I'm gonna have to sacrifice for the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment